The Sage Memorial Optometry Department is committed to providing the highest quality vision care and service to Ganado and the surrounding communities.
Hours of Operation
- Monday-Friday 8:00am-5:00pm
- Saturday-Sunday CLOSED
- Last Appointment 4:00pm
- Monday-Friday 8:00am-4:30pm
- Optical (928) 755-4689
- Patient may purchase prescription eyeglasses in the Eye Clinic Optical. The lenses and frames are available. Limited insurance is accepted (HMA and AHCCCS).
Emergency Walk-In Hours
- Monday-Friday 8:00am-4:00pm
- Close for Lunch 12:00pm-1:00pm
Our exceptional staff includes:
Receptionist is in the front office and gladly help with your appointment scheduling, take phone calls and messages, and assist the clinical staff.
Technicians will interview patients and documents ocular and medical histories, perform a variety of routine tests that provide diagnostic information, administer topical medication as required by the optometrist and assist the optometrist with patient education pertaining to the treatment prescribed.
Optometrist specializes in function and disorders of the eye, detection of eye disease, and treatment; management of eye disease. An optometrist conduct eye examinations, prescribes prescription eyeglasses, and diagnoses and treats eye diseases and disorders.
Ophthalmologist treats eye diseases, prescribes medications, and performs eye surgeries to improve vision and eye health, or prevents the worsening of eye and vision-related conditions.
Optician specializes in filling lens prescriptions, assisting patients with lens and frame selection and fitting.
Eye Clinic Featured Services
- Complete comprehensive eye examinations for infants, children, adults and elderly.
- Treatment for eye injuries.
- Diabetic eye health assessment is available by appointments.
- Management of eye diseases.
- Diagnostic Testing including: Optical Coherence Topography (OCT), Visual Field Perimeters (VF), and Retinal Imaging.
- Ophthalmology services including cataract consultation, pterygium, glaucoma and eyelid surgery.
- Referral services to ophthalmology specializing in Glaucoma, Retina, Oculo-plastics and Corneal care.
- Patient education on eye disorders and disease (Navajo translation available).
- Eyeglasses may be purchased. Optical store has a selection of adults and kids frames and minor glasses repairs.
- Emergency On Call services through the Emergency Department evenings and weekends.
- Appointments for routine eye examinations may be made on an ongoing basis each day as schedule permits.
- To Make an Appointment
- Appointments may be made in person or by telephone. When making appointments, in order to serve you best, you must have your hospital chart number and/or date of birth.
- If You Are Unable to Keep Your Appointment
- Please be considerate of other patients and let us know 24 hours prior your appointment so another patient may be seen in your place.
- If You Miss Your Appointment
- Please call or come by in person to make another appointment.
- Eye Emergencies
- Patients with eye emergencies should come directly to Eye Clinic between 8:00am – 4:00pm during clinic hours. If the emergency occurs after clinic hours, patients need to go to the hospital emergency room.
- Replacing Original Eyeglass Prescription
- Valid ID
- “Authorization to release medical information” form must be filled by patient if over 18 years of age.
- Processing and wait time may take up to an hour (medical chart request/doctor rewrite prescription)